Dental implants are used for replacing missing teeth. This prevents adjacent teeth from shifting and loosening. In addition, dental implants reduce the risk of losing bone density and keep your jawbones healthy. Read on to know the advantages of dental implants from the best dental doctor in South Kolkata.
Benefits of dental implants
According to the doctors of the best dental clinic in South Kolkata, the benefits of dental implants are as follows.
- Provides a natural look: A dental implant is similar to a tooth’s root. Dentists put a crown on the top of the dental implants. Thus, it looks and acts like a natural tooth, which is why the top doctors of the best dental clinic in South Kolkata recommend this treatment.
- Restores the stability of adjacent teeth: When you have a missing tooth, the adjacent teeth can shift towards it. This can disrupt their stability, causing biting and chewing problems. An implant can help fill up the space of the missing tooth while restoring the stability of the surrounding teeth.
- Provides long-lasting results: Dental implants are designed in a way that they last for several years. Hence, they promote oral health and offer better value in the long run. Moreover, if you take good care of them, they can even last a lifetime.
- No removable parts: In comparison to dentures, dental implants stay in their place at all times. Therefore, you will not have to experience the inconvenience of removing them every now and then.
- Improves overall comfort: Dental implants function like natural teeth. Therefore, you can enjoy all foods without having to worry about the use of any dental adhesives. Hence, dental implants improve your overall oral health and comfort.
When do you need dental implants?
The best dentist in South Kolkata explains some of the signs that you need dental implants.
- You are missing one or more teeth: As discussed earlier, dental implants are the best artificial tooth replacement option for missing teeth. Thus, having dental implants will help you restore your natural bite force and chewing capabilities.
- You have a severely damaged tooth: If you have a cracked or severely damaged tooth, it has to be extracted. However, with the help of dental implants, your natural tooth functionality can easily be restored.
To prevent bone loss and protect the stability of the surrounding teeth, a dental implant treatment is essential. Hence, if you have a severely damaged or missing tooth, reach out to the best dental doctor in South Kolkata.